Sunday, July 6, 2008

Making a tissue holder


I have been wanting to make one of these for some time and I think it came out really cute. I used leftover fabric from my bag. It was sooo easy to make and it makes a nice little gift. My friend Stephine had a b-day a couple of weeks ago and I wanted to do something little for her and this was perfect.

You will need:

  • 1 piece of fabric 6 1/2in by 6 1/2 in (this is the main body color)
  • 1 piece of fabric 7 1/2 in by 6 1/2 in (this is the inside and trim color)
  • thread
It is all done with 1/2 in seam allowance


I made a new one so that I would have photo to show you the process and it only took about 20 minutes and that included photo taking and 4 year old questions (the 4 year old part took most of that time;)

Cute the 2 pieces of fabric.

Put them right sides together.

Sew long ends together (you will have a little bubble in the fabric, not to worry this is right).

Turn inside out and press so that you have a flat pieces (the bigger piece will show a little).

Fold half way with both sides (you want the sides to overlap a little bit)

Sew ends. (I use a zig zag stitch)

Turn right side out.


Put tissues in. Done! That easy! (Note this cool fabric is a piece I got from the fabric swap I did)

3 comments:

Yarni Gras! said...

I have always wanted one of these thingies! Now I have no reason not to make one.......

Zoë said...

I vote you get Curly Girl to make you one.;)

Stephanie said...

I love it, Zoe! Thank you!!