Friday, August 8, 2008

New Mom?

I was out watering the plants today and Elijah asked me if I would ring the doorbell when I wanted to come back in. This is what followed:

E: Hi, come into our house. You have never been here before.
M: Hi, it is good to be here (I can play this game)
E: This is our cats Pippin and Merry.
M: Oh you have 2 black cats they are beautiful (while I am petting them)
M: And who is that making noise in the other room?
E: That is our baby. (then in a sad voice )Sixteen years ago our Mother died. Will you be our new Mother?
M: (OK I can still play this game... I think) I would be honored to be you Mom, what about the baby?
E: You would be her Mom also, her name is Ada Liz.
M: I would be honored to be her Mom also. Will you show me where the kitchen is so I can get some breakfast for you guys.
E: Yes it is over here.

(he went on to tell me where everything is and what everyone eats... including me)

M: After breakfast will you show me the rest of the house?
E: Yes Oh and my Dad did not die.
M: OK (I do not know why but every time he says die it wigs me out)
E: I will show you where you are going to sleep. Dad sleeps on one side and you sleep on the other.
M: Do you think that your Dad will mind me sleeping in the same bed as him, as he does not know me?
E: No, he likes visitors.
M: (silence... what do I say to that?) OK

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Now that is just funny!!!! Especially the visitors comment. Made me laugh hard!!

angela said...

That is fabulous! When my girls tell stories like that, there is never a mom, just a really fun, great, wonderful daddy! Where's the mom? Oh, she's an astronaut so she's out in space for a long, long, long time! Well, at least they make me NASA smart!

Yarni Gras! said...

kids are so funny! I agree, the visitor comment would have stumped me too! HA!

BTW, thank you again for visiting Curly Girl....she DID draw a new friend for her lonely cheep.....:-)

Yarni Gras! said...

another BTW, Curly Girl did her award post today....you ought to check it out. Thanks again!

CathyJean said...

Kids... who can know what goes on in their heads!