Monday, August 18, 2008

Bunch of Stuff

It has been a busy week with lots of stuff going on, but the biggest by far is the fact that Elijah's teacher is leaving:( This makes us very sad and ready to leave as well. We have had a couple of food allergy problems there and been thinking about it for sometime now, but his teacher leaving was the last straw. I was worried about how he would take it, he really seems to like it there. Here's how it went:

Z: Elijah we have some bad news for you.
E: What?
Z: Miss S is leaving, today is your last day with her. (we did not wait until the last minute to tell him we just did not know until the last minute)
E: (crying) but I do not want to be with the other teachers.
Z: (smiling) Funny you should mention that because we are pulling you out of school next week will be you last week there.
E: (climbing into my arms) THANK YOU MOMMY, THANK YOU MOMMY, THANK YOU MOMMY
Z: (OK that did not go as bad as I thought it would;)

Now we have to decide what to do. Is he going to go someplace else, stay home (until K starts), ... I have no idea, but this is his last week.

I did make a little gift for Miss S before she left:

Here are a couple of cute artsy kid photo that I took sometime in the last week:


I can hardly believe all the tomatoes that we are getting from our little garden:


I can not believe that I have not put a photo of this up yet. My friend came over for dinner and instead of bringing a bottle of wine she brought this handmade apron (she rocks I love it):

And last but not least here are a pair of pants that I am working on for my little Ada Liz (or tiny tiny Ada as Elijah used to call her):

I told you there was a bunch of stuff I wanted to talk about. Thanks for sticking with it all the way to the end;)

5 comments:

angela said...

Busy, busy. Such is life. Cute apron and pants...yummy tomatoes..my plants are producing a lot of grape tomatoes in spite of the lack of rain....and that tissue holder is so cute! I think I can do that, right? :o)

Teresa said...

Hmmm...that fabric for your teacher gift looks familiar! I love it!

Zoë said...

Ang -- You could make it!! It took me just a couple of minutes (like 10ish). I did have to look at my blog to remember how I did it;)

Teresa -- I love that fabric and tried to get more, but they where out of it:( I am using the last of it as sparingly as I can.

Yarni Gras! said...

I love your conversation.....and don't you HATE it that they don't tel you a teacher is leaving until she is G O N E?

Those tomatoes and that basil...sounds like lunch!
As for the cute stuff you made.....love it all...you HAVE been busy!

CathyJean said...

Your tomatoes and basil look wonderful! Isn't this a yummy time of year with all the garden harvest!?