Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Handmade Note Cards (Another Easy Kids Craft)

It does not have to be a kids craft you can make these yourself as well, but it is a great craft for the kids.

Handmade Note Cards. Elijah and I made 60 of these in very little time, now we have lots of cards for: thank you's, just to say hi's, ... you name it.

What you will need:

  • Styrofoam meat tray ( I have been told that these work best and that a plate does not work as well. I just go to my bakery/meat/anywhere they might have trays counter and ask for a new tray. )
  • dull pencil
  • paint
  • sponge
  • blank cards


Take the tray and pencil and have the child (if you are using a child;) draw a picture on the tray. After they are done you can trace over what they did to make the imprint deeper.



Use sponge to put paint on.


Take card.


Press drawing on card.


Let dry. Easy Peasy.

Oh and if you have a 1 year old make sure that you have lots of toys for them to play with while you are working;) She was SOOOOOO good and just played at our feet most of the time we where painting.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

If you could teach me your trick to entertain your one year old while you work with your older one! My one year old would be in with the paint, throwing it, eating it, whatever he could do!

Zoë said...

Teresa, We have a kids table that we do art on and I thought paint at Ada level bad idea;) So we did it at the counter. It is so tall that she could not see what we where doing and was happy just to be by us. That said she is a very content baby... not like my first. Otherwise we just wait for her to take a nap and then we call it our time (I kinda cuts into my time, but it is worth it.)

angela said...

What a fun craft idea! Thanks for sharing that with us. Oh, and Ada looks super cute in her new dino tank top ;o)

Yarni Gras! said...

OMGosh! What a GREAT idea! I will tell Curly Girl right now. She wants to make her own cards for Christmas!