Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Water Torture

So you would of thought that we where conducting something on the lines of human torture here today, if by chance you would have stopped by say about 15 Min's ago. The screams where horrific.... worst then when I have to clip Elijah's toenails (and that is bad). OK here goes this is why I will not make Mother-of-the-Year this year (and it is only January, I was hoping to make it a bit longer in the running)..... I made Elijah take ..... (I can not believe I am admitting this on the blog for everyone to see).... a SHOWER! Oh the meanness of it all!!! Oh the screaming!

Gotta go see if I can find a different torture for this afternoon... can't let them know whats coming.... right?

Day Update:

So after I got him going I managed to:
  • take off the car side window (trying to check the mail)
  • be the worst mom again (making him walk in the cold to the door at school)
  • not giving him more mac&cheese for lunch (there was no more)
  • I am sure I could go on, but I will stop here.
P.S. I asked Mark to stop on the way home and pick up a bottle of wine.... man I need it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I'd seen this before school. I owe you one GIANT hug.

xx

kari's corner said...

So after you get him used to showering - it may take a while - accidently (really it was an accident) use a different shampoo or body wash. It will probably not be tear-free and he will get it in his eyes and scream and hence forth he will ask you EVERY time,"Is that tear-free? Are you sure? Really, did you check the label?".

Yarni Gras! said...

I'm with Kari.....with one more tip. Buy the kid's soap that has the mesh around it. It is called 'super sudzer.' I started buying it b/c my son was showering and the soap slipped up out of his hand and bonked him in the eye. Oh my GOSH, the screaming and wailing (I would have too....soap REALLY hurts when it gets in there.) He had a glob of it stuck to his lashes. His eye was so red that it looked like someone had punched him. Now, we can laugh about it...but I STILL have that soap for when we have little people come visit.