Thursday, March 24, 2011

There and back again*

Well I am back from Roma and I had a GREAT time.  I was there for 10 days (with my mom and sister for most of the trip and my dad joined us for the last couple of days of our stay) with no kids (Mark had to stay home with them... what a saint).  I took over 500 photos (I did not count, but it took a long time to down load them).  I am not sure how to tell you all about it or how to show you all the photos.  So bear (is that the right bear???? I do not think it is, but what the heck) with me while I try and get all of the info out.

Roma has great buildings, this one was right outside of our apartment (this was my first time to rent an apartment while traveling and it was nice and I would do it again, but I did miss the opportunity to meet other people).

 It was warm there!  All those flowers are real:) (we still have snow on the ground and it is only in the 30's here in WI, but in Roma it was in the 60's (I think as they do every thing in c and I did not know how to convert it:))

OK this one was just for my Ada ( I was missing the kids).

Trevi Fountain

Not sure if I could have more necks in this photo, but what the heck:)

My lovely travel mates.  Man I love these guys.

Some pretty ceiling (no idea where it was there are way to many wonderful ceilings in Roma.)

* If you do not know what the title is from that this is not likely to help, but just in cases:)

1 comment:

Kari said...

I can't wait to see the pics. It looks like you had a great time. I like the idea of renting an apt. or house while traveling - I've been trying to talk Kal into that for a while...SO when do I get to see that yarn?