Thursday, December 1, 2011

Hello

I am filling the silence of my house with this (thank you Stephanie). Man I love me some Barenaked Ladies.  Before I started the music all that I could hear is this:


This clock was always on my Grandma's wall (as long as I can remember) and when they moved out of their apartment I got it.  It never worked for Grandma.  When I got it I took to a friend from church's husband who worked on clocks.  He worked on it for a long time trying to get it to work.  He got it to work, but it was VERY touchy and only worked if it was in the mood.  Well it was never in the mood for us.  When we moved into this house it sat for a long time waiting for the right place on the wall.  Mark put it up last weekend and it started working!!!!! And it has been working ever since.  It is so nice to hear the wonderful ticking of this clock.  My Grandma has been gone for years now and so has my friends husband that worked on the clock so I think that they had a little hand in making it work:).

Anyho we had this from 365 Days of Slow Cooking for dinner last night and it was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO good and easy to make.  I lighted it a bit and will be lighting it more when I make it next time (maybe tomorrow.... just kidding it makes a ton of soup so we will be eating the batch I made this time for a couple of days, but it was that good!).  Go over there and get the recipe and try it tonight you will not be sorry. I will be going back to this blog to check out the rest of her blog for more dinner ideas.

Have a great day everyone!

No comments: